On 04/06/2014 4:49 PM, Meade Dillon wrote:
I'm sure it's dry by now, I've been driving the car everyday since
Saturday, today is the first day the starter acted up.

I'm wondering if some flotsam is jamming the solenoid?

Max Dillon,
Charleston SC

I have a hard time believing that the water killed it if it worked for days after the event.
Either it was about to go anyway, or there is some other issue.
Take it apart and clean it out good and test it or get it tested before buying a new one.

But, maybe before you do all that, check the easier things first.

Are the cables clean?
Is the battery up to the right voltage?
Is the alternator putting out the right voltage etc.
Are the grounds good?
Is the neutral safety switch good? It is likely under the car and got wet too?

Always try the easy things first. We do have a tendancy to rush into things and assume things that we ought not to.