# 1 grndson called via Skype from Tirana, Albania, early this afternoon; showed
me around his apartment, the neighborhood, etc.  I was very well impressed;
nice-looking neighborhood; very nice 2nd floor apartment with balcony/terrace;
could be in Anywhere, USA; hardwood floors, stainless appliances in
American-looking kitchen, nice furniture/fixtures throughout; ceramic tile and
modern fixtures in bathroom; 'was "shocked," though, when I saw electrical
receptacle at about chest height on back, inside wall of ceramic shower stall.
Small electric water heater is mounted in upper, rear corner of shower stall;
electric cord for the heater is plugged into the receptacle!   Cost of living
there seems to be about a third of that in Paris.  So far, he's very well
pleased.  BTW, coupla days ago, I mentioned that I'd like for 'im to register
at the American embassy - he says it's next door and sort of fortress-looking,
and he walks past it to his job about 10 minutes away.  I said, "Great!  S
 o stop in and let 'em know you're there."

He has been to a shopping mall nearby and bought some nice-looking shirts and
khaki pants.

Wilton