Reminds me: On a Sunday afternoon in summer of '71, SWMBO, the three children and I made an afternoon trip to SF from Merced/Atwater where I was in B-52 combat crew training (second time after a 3-year break from the aircraft). After a late lunch at Fisherman's Wharf area, we were cruising and viewing a bit. 'Had stopped for red light at intersection of Haight and Ashbury. Light turned green for me and I started left turn from Haight onto Ashbury; I was less than a quarter way into the turn when 3 police cars skidded up behind car sitting at red light on Asbury and directly to my left. Police jumped out of their cars with guns pointed at occupants of the stopped car and through and across the stopped car directly at us and our car as I continued through the turn and cleared the area of fire. I kept right on going as the police were yelling for occupants of the stopped car to exit with hands up. SWMBO and the children were wide-eyed. The children wanted me to circle the block and go through the intersection again, but I kept right on going.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Meade Dillon" <dillonm...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 5:23 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT - Local tale - Panhanding at Sam's

Wilton, glad to hear you escaped his clutches with no injury.  Did the
right thing in complaining to the manager.
I'll bet you keep your window up "next time."

Just finished working for a week in San Francisco, bums all over the
streets in some areas downtown.  Quite disgusting.  Most appear to be
either drug addicts or mentally imbalanced or both.  One has to watch out
for excrement while walking about.  Saw one get hit by a taxi, came upon
scene of another just after he collapsed and paramedics were trying to
render aid.

The food was great, the scenery fantastic, but the bums ruin it.

Max Dillon,
Charleston SC

All posts are the result of individual contributors and as such, those individuals are responsible for the content of the post. The list owner has no control over the content of the messages of each contributor.