I should think the local dealer is doing well.
There are lots of new and late model MB's on the streets here.
I just ran down the street to the bank to make a deposit and saw a very nice one. The boxy Jeep type thing. Is that what people call a G Wagon? AMG too. Black or very dark gray. I saw it in traffic and then parked at the same bank just after I got there.

Parked next to me at the bank was a new white sedan. Did not go to look at the trunk so not able to say exactly what model but it looked very nice. Saw 2 or 3 of the newer smaller SUV type things on the way too and that was only a trip of maybe a mile or so each way.

We have a lot of new Asian immigrants in our area and they really seem to favour the Mercedes. Although I have to say they do seem to like other high end vehicles too. Lots of Audi's and BMW's around too. Plus some of the Asian high end cars like Lexus and Infiniti - especially the SUV crossover type things.

Maybe there will be good used Mercedes around in a few years for poor souls like me.