 From: Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 8, 2014 6:08 PM
Subject: [MBZ] adjusting valves

I have been more than a bit negligent in terms of keeping the valves set
on my old 300D.
I bought the tools and the new gasket but have yet to do it.
I was thinking about it this past weekend and did a bit of searching online.
The advice offered was pretty loose.
My past experience with gas engines required one to turn to the specific
timing marks etc.
The advice offered on the diesels seemed to be just to turn the cam so
that the point sticks up.
Is that considered "close enough"?
I have never disconnected the throttle linkage? I seem to recall someone
suggested one just pops them apart by prying with a screwdriver?
Is that correct? I really don't want to damage anything by my own lack
of knowledge on how to do it.

Randy

individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner has no