Yeah, the hand repaint is a good idea... What vendor paint did you use?

I expect that you'd sort of mask the plastic head to keep it clean?

Soldering isn't any issue, as I've a 7w iron and hands (just barely) steady
enough to use it for some SMD work... but keep that RoHS "solder" (crap) away
from me (you can pry my 63/37 from the clutches of my cold dead hands!)

--
John W Reames
jream...@verizon.net