Meade Dillon via Mercedes wrote:
My wife's iPhone took a bath, I'd like to try to revive it with a good
cleaning using isopropyl alcohol.

Battery performance had become miserable before it got wet, so I'm thinking
about getting a replacement battery.

Prices on Amazon seen to good to be true.  $4?  $7?  Some are as much as
$13?  I was expecting to pay at least $20 or more.

Bought an iPhone 4 battery on eBay for $6 with tools. Item 331103502804
Read somewhere that the cheap batteries were Li-Ion and the factory batteries were Li-Po. When I took the phone apart it had an original Li-Ion battery, seemingly identical to the one I bought. Battery life is fine with the new battery, or at least no worse than what she used to get from the OE battery when the phone was newer.

Mitch.