You can buy replacement screens on eBay form any number of vendors - you'll
find the prices all seem to hover around $25, I believe.  The better kits
contain the tools you need, spudger, hexaglobular screwdriver, etc.  You'll
need some jeweler's screwdrivers and a clean work surface.

You can go to ifixit.com and see the process with pictures.

Mine is cracked from the edge near the volume buttons to the speaker slot, so
it's not that bad.  I'm just miffed as I have had an iPhone 4 for almost three
years only in a bumper case I never got so much as a chip.  I haven't even
dropped the iPhone 4S I have now, and somehow in the first week it got cracked.
 Grr.

I'm holding out for the introduction of the iPhone 6 or whatever will probably
come out in September.  When that happens I'm going to buy a 5S when prices
tank.

Dan