Yes, it is nice to not have the piece of broken breaker bar sticking out of a hole in your arm etc. I think the I Beam suspension is a thing of the past. My father had a '68 that had the Twin I Beam front end. Never had any issues with it thankfully as I think the only way to adjust if the tires wore poorly was to chain it down and then bend the I Beam with a jack. My father's last truck was an '81 and I think it may still have had the I Beam setup but cannot recall for sure.
Not sure when it disappeared.
Both my '98 and my '02 had torsion bar suspensions.
My '13 has struts.

Randy