I've got a hill story too.

Headed into camp you could just drive up the camp road through the trees but
for a bit more scenic trip you could break left just before going into the
trees. Travel a little along the headland of the field and turn right, pass
through a small stand of spruce and into another field which you could cross
and catch back onto the camp road.
The trip through the spruce stand is a pretty steep hill made worse by the 90
degree right turn. To avoid the turn you could drive out into the field but the
transition from field to headland is a helluva bump so you can't carry much
speed.
In May 2013 we took a trip to camp where it rained 7 days out of 9. On day 7
the ladies went shopping in town and called the men out for lunch. On our
return dad was with me in the Ranger and Angie was driving my mom's Jeep. Angie
and my mom were getting nervous of the deepening ruts in the soggy camp road so
they decided to go through the field. Dad and I paused to watch and we saw the
Jeep go up through the trees and then come back down the hill again with the
brakes locked.

I decided we ought to make a try, the Ranger has a limited slip rear diff and
is better offroad than my mom's stock Jeep Liberty. We went out into the field
and I opted to carry much more speed than was sensible. Angie swears we caught
a little air when we hit the bump at the end of the field and I kept hard on
the throttle up through the spruces. We made it but only just, I knew the Jeep
had no chance. With the windows down we could hear the Jeep but they never
showed, then things got quiet. We walked back down to where Angie had slid the
Jeep sideways into a spruce tree. Fortunately nothing was broken and I was able
to back it down the hill and go up the camp road.

On day 9 when we left to go home the road had gotten so soft we watched the
Jeep drag badly as we followed along behind. We knew that this was definitely
out last trip out. That summer we had a guy come in with a dozer. He smoothed
the ruts out and cut some drainage which should help. We've owned the camp
since 2003 so having it repaired once every 10 years isn't so bad.

-Curt