WILTON wrote:
> True, but as the character was abuilding...

Yes, but all of us enjoy what was being built in them thar cigarette
fields back then.
My observation has to do with the ease by which seeming success
happens today *because* some wise invention makes ease happen.  i.e.
without experience in red mud hills, nice modern designs lose
perspective.  ABS etc are all fine, but skill is gained without ABS,
perhaps.  Interface between man and machine is part of the joy of
transportation, not just ease using ABS, etc.  I like the character
and skill that red mud hill experiences lead to rather than whatever
is built today as we zoom along on the interstate with ABS.  Today, we
get distracted persons, incompetent persons, etc - all because of the
ubiquity of ease rather than the attainment of many and varied
transportation skill.  It breaks? - yeah, just call AAA.  Not for
Curt/Wilton/mercedes-at-okiebenz - we cut off our belt to make-do with
temporary fix to get to a better place to complete the problem
resolution.  DIY rocks.
mao