On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 14:04:51 -0400 Meade Dillon via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I made this yesterday (Sunday) to check for malfunction codes for the
> ACC II in my '95 E300.

Good job, it looks like a useful tool.

> No malfunction codes (one flash) but the LED would glow dimly when it
> was supposed to be off.  I'm wondering if the PBU ground is
> weak/corroded?

No, the LED glowing dimly indicates some leakage in the PBU from the
point where J2 is connected to ground.

> Attached is a schematic I found on peach parts, which lists the radio
> shack part numbers.  I substituted almost all, including a combination
> LED / resistor set up for 12 vdc.  Probably about $20 in parts plus an
> empty pill container.  The container fits in you hand nicely so the
> button can be operated with your thumb.

$20!!!!! What in the world cost that much?!

> I should have dug through my parts bin, I've got some stuff that would
> have worked fine, but would not have made a nice neat package like this.

You could have used a wire-leaded LED and put it inside the pill bottle.
The only things that need to be outside the bottle are the button of the
pushbutton switch and the wire leads.

Craig