I don't see any direct suggestion in my statement that government should own and run nuclear power plants. I am saying that there should be..."continuous critical oversight"...of whichever organization is running the plant.

Private Industry has a poor history of building, maintaining, and running nuclear power plants in the U.S. I have no idea what the solution is, but I do think there should be far more oversight considering the near disasters we have had so far.

Gerry....who lives about 10 miles from what is left of the Crystal River Nuclear Power Plant which was destroyed by corporate management focused primarily on profit; all because there was not critical oversight.