That chin spoiler is supposed to improve your mileage by preventing air from going under the truck on the highway. You need to make one that can be lifted or lowered depending on where you are driving. Hydraulic or air cylinders?

And the winch? Must be some way to make an anchor that you could drive into the ground so you could pull yourself free. I used to work with a fellow who was an avid hunter and fisherman. He drove 4 WD Suburbans and said if he had to choose he would take the winch rather than the 4WD.

RB

On 08/09/2014 9:52 AM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
Most places we go theres not much to winch to. More useful is the Highlift
jack. Jack 'er up and stuff something (like the extraction ramps) under the
tire.

I am considering a new bumper though, the Dodge has a huge chin and a plastic air
dam very close to the ground. I forsee the air dam getting ripped off pretty early
on, its only maybe 6" off the ground.

-Curt

________________________________
  From: Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, September 8, 2014 10:28 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: The secret revealed
On 05/09/2014 7:27 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
Because 4wd is really 2wd. I've been stuck with just two wheels spinning. When
you're offroad you what every advantage you can get.

Its the same reason I won't have an AWD vehicle, I can drive into stuff in 2wd
I can back out of in 4wd. If you drive in to a hole in 4wd and get stuck what
have you got? Well yeah, I've got the highlift jack.
Which reminds me, I bought Dad extraction ramps for Father's day, I'm buying
him his own highlift jack for hunting season. He got his Jeep stuck last year...

-Curt

You need a big winch on the front.

RB