Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
Other than a Prius, what is the cheapest used electric car I can get for my
15 mile RT commute?

Too bad GM crushed all the Impacts.
IIRC there are a few older Ford Rangers and Toyota RAV4s out there.
VoltsRabbits might be an option, but quality would depend highly upon who built it. BTW, I saw a 4 door VW Rabbit (not a Golf) yesterday, the first one I'd seen in years. Didn't get a look at the headlights to see if it was US or German.

7-8 miles is a real nice bicycle distance, don't need to go to the gym if you do that twice a day in traffic. My old college roommate had exactly that commute for about 25 years and did the occasional long ride on weekends. Any day of the year he could just hop on his bike and go 100 miles, he was always in good shape and I think the commute had a LOT to do with it.

Mitch.