 From: Randy Bennell via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "arche...@embarqmail.com" <arche...@embarqmail.com>; Mercedes Discussion
List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2014 12:39 PM
Subject: [MBZ] OT propane burners

Do we have anyone on here that knows anything about propane burners?

We have acquired one of the turkey cooker units as my good wife is doing
some canning and the enamel ware canner is not to be used on our smooth
glass top stove in the kitchen.
The burner works well to boil water in the canner but the flame is
obviously not the way it ought ot be. There is too much yellow flame and
the pot ends up rather sooty.

I did a quick look on the web and there are some suggestions that
cleaning up the rough casting of the burner unit will make it more
efficient. I believe one of the other suggestions was to improve the
windscreen around the burner unit.

Anyone have any useful thoughts on the subject?

RB