Maybe they gave him vehicles to test and he tested them hard?

RB

On 15/09/2014 3:12 PM, Rich Thomas via Mercedes wrote:
When I was a kid the guy across the street always had IH Scouts as he "worked" at the IH truck plant in town and I guess he got some break on them. In the winter, even when it was like -20F he would go out in the morning and start the thing, then floor it immediately, and stick his window scraper on the pedal to hold it down while he went in for his coffee and it warmed up. My dad would always be amazed the things did not blow up from the abuse.

--R