Still a great essay from the Colonel.

The debacle that was Viet Nam is less an indictment of war than an indictment
of the way that particular non-war was defined and prosecuted.  Even a casual
review of world history will tell you that sustained peace is not normal unless
a superpower oversees things.

Consider this.   A vanishing minority of Americans has any first-hand
experience with actual war.  No living Americans except some immigrants have
any experience living through war their own back yard.  Thanks to two big
oceans, relatively peaceful neighbors north and south, and a half-century
American age of relative world peace, the vast majority of fat, lazy,
cell-phone addicted Americans are clueless when it comes to the depths of evil
in the world.  But if we continue on the current course, I think they may learn.

Scott