A little while ago, I got a call from the "Windows Service Center"
telling me that something was wrong on my Windows computer and that I had
malicious software on it. I played along with the fellow for several
minutes, typing the keys and clicking and right-clicking on things as he
instructed me. He wanted me to bring up the "Run" window by various
means, starting with typing ctrl-R, then trying the start menu, then
clicking on "My Computer" on my desktop.

When all of that didn't work, he handed me off to another fellow who
asked me to right-click on computer. I read him off what I found: Open,
Browse Folder, Cut, Copy, Make Link, Rename, Move to Trash, Stretch Icon,
Restore Icon's Original Size, and Properties.

He then had me click on the start menu button. I read off what I found
there: Accessories, Edutainment, Games, Graphics, ... He cut me off and
said to click on Accessories and tell him what I saw there. I read off:
Calculator, Character Map, Dictionary, GNU Privacy Assistant, KArm,
Kandy, Take Screenshot, Terminal, Vi IMproved.

After a few seconds, he came back and asked, "You run Linux?" I replied,
"Yes, and I'm so glad I can waste your time, too." He hung up.

So why can't the NSA use their information and go after guys like this?

Craig