On Sep 28, 2014 6:36 PM, "MountainMan via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> Some schmuck like Romney/Rounder/Gates/Jobs makes the millions
> sourcing chink products we want and pay pennies - they reap profits.

You know, on eBay you can source directly from China/Taiwan/Korea.

> I'm afraid my only use for ebay is vintage known USA stuff.

Unfortunately there are not a lot of FM modulators, or Mercedes parts, made
in the US.

Andrew bought an as-is unit, which I have also done, and which might imply
that he is looking for the most cost-effective route.  Buying an imported
FM modulator is probably that route, unless we can figure out how to fix
the Becker.

Alternatively I see that Dan has given the Becker guy's number, so that
will be the most effective route, if that's what Andrew's seeking.

I'm not trying to start a war on the concept of international trade, just
trying to help out with a situation I've been through.

Best,
Tim