Flying in our rebuilt 182A is similar, I keep finding little things (and
some not so little) that need to be fixed. Statistically, most engine
failures happen within the first 200 hours after either new or overhaul. We
lost oil pressure a month ago just after take-off. A galley plug wasn't
tightened in the case and came out. Luckily we were close enough to glide
back to the runway.

Here are the first listings I found for a 177RG -

*CARDINAL RG 1972*
<http://www.barnstormers.com/classified_941215_Cardinal+RG+1972.html> •
$48,000 • *MUST SELL* • Comfortable, reliable Cardinal RG. Great complex
time builder. We're retiring and downsizing-I'm just not flying it enough.
Easy entry, exit. TT 3500, SMOH 1600, STOH 590. IO-360-A1B6. Two separate
mags, both overhauled 6/12. 76/75/79/75. IFR Cert due this month. Annual
done 4/14. Powerflow. Runs great lean of peak. Good mid 1990's avionics.
Good paint and interior. Hangared. Gear up 1984.

*1971 CARDINAL RG*
<http://www.barnstormers.com/classified_929288_1971+Cardinal+RG.html>
• *AVAILABLE
FOR SALE* • 1971 Cessna Cardinal RG IO-360-A1B6 200 Hp TTAF 3922 TSMO 684
TSPOH 274.1 *$64,000 *OBO oil analysis shows no abnormal wear this has been
the case for the last 4 oil changes all AD are in compliance as of annual
5/2014 IFR CERT complete 10/30/2013 GNS 430W garmin 340 audio panel MK12D
stand by com/nav collins indicator dual VOR 4 place intercom JPI700 engine
analyzer with fuel flow, oil temp, batt voltage, cylinder temp, exhaust
temp metal panel upgrade during 430 install powerflow exhaust less then 25
hours still in use so those hours will change .

*C-177 RG 1972*
<http://www.barnstormers.com/classified_938320_C-177+RG+1972.html> •
$59,000 • *AVAILABLE FOR SALE OR TRADE* • 2975 TT 470 SMOH 171 STOP 3 blade
prop good paint kx125 kt76A flys great needs interior .

http://www.barnstormers.com/cat.php?mode=listing&main=

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 9:58 AM, WILTON via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> 'Reminds me of the new (8 hours on it when I left Sault Ste, Marie, MI)
> 1974 Cessna 177RG I flew with the entire family aboard on a trip from The
> Soo to eastern NC in summer of '74.  'Smelled like a new car; autopilot;
> very quiet; mighty fine airplane - a real hummer - it literally just
> hummed.  I was the resident expert on that airplane by the time I returned
> it to The Soo.  New cost was $38,000.  'Wonder what such as that would cost
> these days.
>
> Wilton
> --

OK Don

NSA: The only branch of government that actually listens to US citizens!

for themselves."

2013 F150, 18 mpg
2012 Passat TDI DSG, 44 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!