Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
Set out to get the S500 AC resolved today, among some other items. This is what
I got done today:

Evacuated, charged and leak sealed the AC system. By the time I was done it was
ICE COLD. 40F in the center vent on a sunny and 87F day. Nice. I would add that
I pulled a vacuum on it and it held for over two hours, so the leak can't be
that big.  I'll continue to monitor the situation, but I'm keeping my fingers
crossed that this will resolve things or at least slow them to a point where
they're manageable.

If the leak is in a schrader valve, it won't leak when you've got your gauge manifold hooked up to it, and a pair of new valves is cheaper/better than a can of glue.

Mitch.