Does anyone still use CB radios anymore?

I was thinking about our planned caravan to Indiana with three vehicles
(me driving our Big Red Van [BRV (tm)] towing our utility trailer, Shirley
driving our E320, and my brother driving a rental truck towing our
240D/3.0), and realized that cell phones wouldn't work too well. It
occurred to me that CB radios would be better, allowing the two other
people to hear what one was saying.

I have located three CB radios, four* from our local freecycle group for
free and one from a $10 eBay auction, but I don't know if they work
because I don't have any antennas.

Any suggestions on antennas?

Thanks,

Craig

You are overthinking it.  Todd and i used to go on road trips using a pair of
hand held walkies. They don't have the legs CB's do, but if you don't get
separated by more than a few miles, they work just fine.  Bring an extra set of
AA batteries to refresh, and you are good to go. Turn 'em off every time you
pull off for a gas or pee break.

PLus, they are newly manufactured stock, cheap ($30+ for a pair -- get the
highest rated wattage output you can find for a reasonable price), and you
don't have to worry about electronics from the Jimmy Carter administration.

DBV, we got ourselves a convoy information minister