That's almost like the experience I had with the S500 coupe last weekend.

Youngest boy, who is the primary driver of the car, complained about a shimmy
or vibration in the steering wheel at nearly all speeds. He also remarked about
the car "waddling" when coming to a stop at low speeds. That is, the rear of
the car seemed to move side to side as it slowed.

I recalled experiencing both of these issues to some extent when I drove the
car, but attributed it to the rear suspension possibly needing a rebuild.
Interestingly, tire wear was perfect, with no indication that there was
anything amiss in the suspension or steering.

I took the car to get it aligned two weekends ago, but the shop couldn't break
the right side tie rod adjuster loose. I got a couple of tie rod assemblies
from our sexy parts supplier and installed them on Saturday.  Took the car in
for another go at an alignment on Sunday, with no problems.

I spoke with the tech who did the alignment, who told me the rear was really
out of whack. The printout showed this as well.

Drove the car home and found no shimmy, shake or waddle.

I texted my son after he drove the car back to school on Sunday night. "It's
like floating on a cloud!"

Dan

Sent from my iPad