Intense sunlight with full UV is the Kryptonite of plastics in the desert
southwest. East coast salt roads rusts cars from the bottom up.. Desert
cars strip paint via sun exposure from the top down. Plastic headlight lens
fall prey to that at a rapid pace here.

Eventually, the only cure is to replace the lens with new. Hopefully, by
the time you do that, they are still available, which is not always the
case with the current parts support schemes of "just in time production"
that leaves no part un-sold with after market supply being small for such
"wreck replacement items".

The curse of modern manufacture is plastic everything... which breaks down
after "looking pretty" for the period payments are due... Unlike the old
Mercedes and the B 52 ... things just don't last these days.

I have a car with yellowing plastic lens.. they get re-polished about 4
times a year... There is a new set in the box in the storeroom for when
they finally completely fail. That's my plan.