Randy Bennell via Mercedes wrote:
Surprised no one has mentioned what happened in Ottawa this morning.

We seem to breed pretty lousy terrorists here in Canada.
This fellow (or these fellows) opened fire in a busy, highly populated urban area and only managed to kill one person before the authorities got him. Got to give our police some credit. They have managed to shoot 2 of these characters so far this week and it is only Wednesday.

We're way off topic here, but Ottawa is a major city in Canada.
In major cities in USA, like New York and Los Angeles, police accuracy standards require them to shoot one cop or two innocent bystanders for every perp they shoot. In order to keep up on their shooting practice, they're expected to fire a full 17 round magazine for every perp they shoot at.

Mitch.