Fred graciously took me to pick up my Jetta today. On the way home, not far
from the mechanic the oil pressure beeper went off. I hopped out, popped the
hood and found the high pressure switch disconnected. This isn't a huge
surprise, he'd been chasing an oil leak for me. I plugged in the plug that was
hanging right there and headed out again.

Within 200 yards the beeper was back on again. This car has 2 oil pressure
switches, a low pressure one and high pressure. The high pressure switch
doesn't do anything until 2000 RPM.
I headed back to the mechanic and as I was explaining what was wrong it
occurred to me that what I'd plugged in was the wrong thing... We plugged in
the correct plug and it was fine.

DOH!

-Curt