I have a couple of questions:

1. How do you guys know it is time to rebuild your injectors? Is this just
a seat of the pants type thing? Engine knock? Preventive at a certain
mileage? Just doing it for fun?

2. If you are ordering new injectors, of whatever brand, is Mark just
balancing the pop off pressures? Otherwise they should not need
"rebuilding", right?

3. Who is Mark, and where can I find him?

4. Off topic, but how can one check the flex plate in a 1985 w123 300tdt?
It makes a rather annoying sound like someone hitting a steel plate with a
small ball peen hammer at cold idle, about 1.5 times per second. The car
idles around 900 or less I think. Noise comes out of transmission when I
crawl under there. I have heard the bolts holding the torque converter can
come loose and make that sound, but I cannot see them through the
inspection hole. If it is not loose torque converter bolts then perhaps it
is an injector. It seems to go away nearly completely by the time I finish
my 7 mile urban commute each way.

Thanks,
Karl