I have adjusted the valves. I set the intakes for 0.005 instead of 0.004
because I didn't have the proper feeler gauge. None of them were
particularly tight. It still idles rougher cold than I would like.

The car seems to make good power even with a bit of blowby. I wonder about
the valve guides. I did overheat it one time when my monovalve was leaking
and it ran low on coolant. But that was at least 70,000 miles ago. I'll do
a compression test and then maybe a leak down.

Since the tranny change it also has this weird tap-tap-tapping sound every
time the engine oscillates. Maybe it's an engine shock, but it sure sounds
like it comes from the transmission. Maybe it's normal. I'll ask the Sun
Valley guy.

On the whole I am probably inventing problems, but I don't like to own
stuff that isn't well maintained, and I have lived with the car long enough
to know what it should sound like. So little changes get my attention. If
it isn't going to be in excellent shape, it isn't staying in the driveway.

I did break down and order the factory skid plate to catch the oil drip
from where the air cleaner drain goes into the pan. Seems easier than
fixing that leak.

I suppose if the O-ring from the air cleaner into the drain tube is loose,
the turbo can suck dirty air in there? What a system.

Karl