People and list members,

I followed the advice to disconnect the monovalve, and went for an 8 mile
RT drive on local roads to the Safeway (open on Xmas).  The air started
blowing TOASTY WARM as I idled but not scorchingly hot.  The air stayed
warm but on the way back, I picked up speed when heading down a long hill
and at 50 mph the dash air lost its heat and cooled to ambient (outside
it's in the 50s today)) and remained cool the remainder of the journey
regardless of what I did to the ACC controls.

So then I swapped out the ACC push button module with a good used one that
I had on the shelf, reconnected the monovalve and went for another spin.
This time, however, I went straight to the interstate and did a 5 mile RT
at highway speeds.  Not only did the air remain warm, but it modulated in
response to the ACC temperature wheel.  This was encouraging, but I need to
do further testing when the temperatures dip back below freezing.

Can any conclusions be reached yet?