Curly McLain via Mercedes wrote:
Templeton Rye was recently and publicly busted for this.

However, as in almost everything, there are some people trying to do it right. Mike Beck at Uncle Johns in St. Johns, MI has a real still and makes apple brandy and vodka. There are many others.

That's quite close to me. Haven't been there since I was a little kid living in Dewitt, but I work in Dewitt now so in the winter I'm within 10 miles of the place on a daily basis.

I wonder if it's the same family as Beck's Propane, Beck's Trailers, Beck's Marine...

Mitch.