Craig wrote:
> That reminds me of an episode that occurred when we were living off-grid
> south of Calhan, Colorado.

We lived south of Ellicott, CO at Drennan 1985-1990.  When did you
live south of Calhan?  Calhan had the fairgrounds.  We had the
absolute best alluvial groundwater in the world - 100 feet to the
Black Squirrel Basin which purportedly connected to the much deeper
bedrock Laramie Fox Hills.  Schubert Sod Farm pumped the same water
out there in the moose pasture east of Ellicott.
mao