That would probably incite someone like this to react negatively.  No need to
goad them.

I’m convinced in a situation like this the best thing to do is to just express
that you’re sorry if they are unhappy, point out that they had the opportunity
to inspect the vehicle and chose to buy it as-is, where is.  To do anything
else is just a poke in the eye, so to speak.

When I sold my Yamaha Virago to a guy who had never ridden before, I purposely
wrote the bill of sale up stating that he had not ridden it nor had he
requested a PPI of any sort, which I offered to do by taking the bike to a
mechanic of his choice on my own time prior to the sale.

A few days after I delivered it and collected payment, he sent me a nasty email
stating that the bike needed work I hadn’t described and that he wanted me to
pay for it.  I politely pointed out the fact that it was sold as-is and he
accepted those terms along with not having it inspected prior to the sale.
Never heard a peep out of him after that.

He was an attorney, too.

Dan