The first video your camera will record, if it can be recovered, is
pictures of the vandals destruction of the camera. Count on it.

If the park is private property, I would suggest a team of armed guards.
One man, by himself, unarmed, with nothing but a flashlight, in the dark,
against a team of vandals who are drunk and have no regard for property not
theirs is a foolish endeavor.

His best case is to stand by while calling for the police, who will come
"when they get around to it" because it will take lowest priority, while
the vandals simply walk away. Police arrive, no evidence, no arrest.

Repeat each time, and police response gets even slower.

I suggest you might be better served with pole mounted solar flood lights
that are motion activated, which also trigger security cameras that
transmit video to someones smart phone. Set the lights and cameras in
converging fields of coverage so one camera can record the destruction of
the other [it will happen, count on it]. Resolution at night needs to be
good enough to get good video recognition useable in court [think ahead,
you do want to prosecute them]

Also, post the area as "Private Property, No Trespass" etc.. to help make
your case. Fence the river area? Vandalism accounts for a cost in the
Billions of dollars across the nation.