> > fmiser fez:
> >
> > OpenOffice was purchased by Oracle.

> > So most of the clever people there got fed up with
> > do-nothing and created a fork that is more
> > open/free/libre.  This is called "LibreOffice".

> > So there are two.  Which is better?  I like the license of
> > LibreOffice better.  But there is very little difference
> > from the perspective of a casual user.  A "power" user may
> > encounter some differences, but even those are fairly
> > minor, so far as I can tell.

> Curly wrote:
>
> Libre office also
>
> 1.  eliminates the necessity to have to fool with adobe reader
> 2.  Writes to .pdf
> 3.  has "Draw" installed, a Visio counterpart
> 4. has a database as part of the office suite

All those features apply to OpenOffice as well.

> The pdf writing and opening is great.  Adobe keeps getting more
> onerous to download reader without all the malware/ransomware
> pups attached to it.

For MSWin, I have been using SumatraPDF as a open/free PDF
reader and PDFCreator as a open/free writer (it installs as a
printer, so it works with any program that can print)

> It is much more robust than open office was when it was left to
> the backwaters of oracle.

That has not been my experience at all - but I have not use
the MSWindows port for many, many years, so that may account
for our different experiences.