On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 14:56:05 -0800 Greg Fiorentino via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I have had excellent results by blowing into the air intake with a
> Giotto Rocket intended for camera work.  I'm sure disassembly is
> better, but a lot more work.

But the Giotto Rocket won't replace the heatsink grease ...

> I have replaced cooling fans on ThinkPads (with the free and
> comprer temperature display (IDK about Apple) so you
> don't need to guess about whether your cooling is adequate.

I have some ThinkPad laptops I got off freecycle that I hensive hardware
manuals ThinkPads are a breeze to work on).
> Sometimes the motors, bearings or lube is just gone.  Parts are cheap.
>
> There are Win apps for temperature display (IDK about Apple) so you
> don't need to guess about whether your cooling is adequate.

I have some ThinkPad laptops I got off freecycle that I have been
thinking about getting running to replace our Dell Inspiron 600m.

The ThinkPads I have are:

        lenovo R60, Type 9461-CTO, Product ID: 9461CTO

        lenovo T500, Type 2242-CTO, Product ID: 2242CTO

I also have an ASUS M3000Np Notebook PC.

Are any of these worth the trouble to get them running?

Thanks,

Craig