The issue of personal freedom vs government intrusion is one that becomes
very personal regardless of which side of the issue a person takes.

Those who read and understand the Constitution and Amendments as
protections FROM government intrusions and abuse of power see the current
and somewhat recent [last 40 years or so] increase in the size and control
of government, local, state, and federal, as violations of those
protections.

Those who read and understand the Constitution and Amendments as
protections BY government, take comfort that government has become larger
and more all providing, by their reasoning.

As for myself, I take the stance that when the police arrive at the scene
of violence carrying their gun, chalk to mark the outline of the newly
deceased, and a report clipboard, that I be the one giving the statement,
rather than the one having my outline drawn in chalk. Having exercised my
Right to Self Defense guaranteed by Constitution and Amendments.

For others, it seems they are content to delegate that Right to someone
else, along with all the other Rights, except for freedom of speech...

>From my view point, we have seen a somewhat slow erosion of the principles
of the very thing that made America the most successful nation in history.
That principle driven by fierce personal independence, standing on your own
feet, taking responsibility for your own actions, and reaping the rewards
of your own success or your own failure.. Not relying on government to
provide all things.

Then, I come from a generation of men who built businesses, hired people,
fired people who didn't preform the job, paid and promoted those who did,
produced products that worked and lasted, improved those products, and
treated customers with respect. And made profit.

Old School... apparently. Which is why I like and enjoy my "made the old
way" Mercedes, which were built to that same standard. To last.

[Mercedes content]