I love the simplicity of the car.  Series glow plugs, mono radio, manual
everything, no sunroof.  Big options on the car are AC and the automatic.
I rebuilt the injectors and set the cam and injection timing to get out
every hp I could.  Its really lovely to drive.  Here are some crummy
pictures I took of it in the rain earlier this month:
http://images.jaimekop.com/2015_01_04_240D/

I need to find another one with a 4 speed and keep it long-term.  But,
they're getting pretty impossible to find these days.

Jaime

AND NO ACC!  Just valves that work and a fan switch that works!

I'd prefer a 240D 3.0 over a 300D any day! simply because with a 240D 3.0 there is NO ACC to break regularly!