Decided to nuke my Windows 7 box and use it for a FreeNAS system.  Blew it away
on Thursday after making sure there wasn’t anything of value on it (there
wasn’t) and installed FreeNAS.

Set FreeNAS up on the SSD and configured a single volume for a Time Machine AFP
volume.  It was amazingly simple to set up and configure.  Lots of goodies in
there that I won’t use but could be very useful for someone who is supporting a
lot if different platforms.

Works like a champ, MUCH faster than my crappy DLink MAS-345 NAS that I’ve not
been happy with.  As a matter of fact, I think I’m going to pull a couple of
the drives out of the DLink and put them in the FreeNAS box to create another
volume for media streaming for the Apple TVs.

Dan