That is a pretty hefty mo-chine compared to my ol junk. I probably should wait until I get some better old junk before I try it.

It does. They also suggest ECC RAM as well, as the overhead for the ZFS stuff apparently runs better with ECC. Mine isn't but I'm not that worried about performance as long as it's better than the lousy DLink NAS, which it is. The DLink takes nearly a day to run an initial 1.1TB backup, where the FreeNAS box did it in about four hours. Some network, topography, switches, 1G NICs, etc.

It is using an Intel i7 processor with 12GB of RAM and four 1TB 7200 RPM drives. Granted, not a big NAS volume, but more than adequate for my Time Machine backups for now. I have two 2TB drives I'm going to add to it later, probably to create a new volume for the media stuff.

Dan