A friend who worked in the psych department at the medical school told about a
patient who was sent in from another hospital claiming he had been abducted by
aliens. He was a farmer who was walking across a field when three large
creatures with three legs came running at him from the woods. He tried to fight
them off, but two of the creatures held each hand and the third pressed
something hot on the back of his neck. He didn't remember anything after that
until he woke up about a week later in a field that was 5 or 10 miles from his
own farm. He remained quite upset and unable to work, so the local doctors sent
him to the medical school which accepted unusual cases.
On his arrival, the ER resident sent him to the psych ward which did lab tests
that turned out to be abnormal. After a week of psychotherapy, the doctors were
still puzzled because he told the same story in every session and his behavior
was perfectly normal.
Finally the attending told someone to shine a UV light on the back of his neck.
Under UV light a large diffuse spot which seemed to have tentacles branching
out from it could be seen.
His diagnosis was changed to possible insect bite and he was sent to the
medical ward. Since I didn't know anyone there, I never heard what happened to
him after that.
Gerry