On Tue, 3 Feb 2015 15:30:33 +0000 Donald Snook via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> That is great Craig! Congratulations!

Thank you very much, Don.

> How is my former 95 E320 doing?

Running OK, but with some niggling problems.

- The rear window defrost switch recently started not latching on like
  it's supposed to. Yesterday, I held the switch in its upper position
  as I was driving to defrost the rear window. After awhile, it decided
  it would stay on when I released the switch, but by that time the
  window was nearly defrosted.

- The four-way emergency flashers stopped working. At one point, pressing
  the switch would cause the bulb-out light to come on. Now, nothing
  happens. I got a new switch from Kaleb, but now I'm not sure that's the
  entire problem. I need to find a schematic of the circuitry.

- The check engine light has been on, with an error code of 23, which is
  the up-shift delay when the engine is cold. That causes the transmission
  to stay in a lower gear, forcing the engine to go to higher RPM to cause
  the catalytic converter to be heated up more quickly. Since it was
  causing the engine to go well over 3000 RPM when it was stone cold, I'm
  just as glad it's not working; I don't want to rev a cold engine that
  high, particularly when the temperature is in the single digits. I did
  some research about it online and think there is some way to have it not
  do that but still have the computer think everything is OK. I haven't
  gotten any further than that, though the CEL has been on for many
  thousands of miles.

- The passenger-side mirror doesn't move horizontally -- a linkage is
  broken as I understand it. I'm still waiting for parts from Kaleb.

- The 205/55-16 Nokian WRG2 tires I had put on our E420 but transferred
  to the E320 when the E420 was wrecked are nearly worn out, so I need to
  buy new tires. I have a complete set of 15" rims, so I am planning on
  putting winter tires on those and a set of summer tires on the 16" rims.
  (And thanks to listers for that decision.)

- The engine is running fine after I replaced the water pump. The car is
  getting 25 - 26 mpg now during the winter here at 7000+ foot elevation.

Craig