Randy,

There are any number of programs out there for free that will allow you to
clone a hard drive. CloneZilla is good as are others. Most of these have walk
throughs that show how it's done.

I haven't cloned a personal (PC) drive in some time, so I can't offer specifics
as far as software recommendations. I clone Mac drives regularly using Carbon
Copy, a Mac program for cloning that's been around for years. I also use Disk
Utility to make compressed image files for archive and backup purposes as well.
 Disk Utility is a native program that's been a part of the Mac OS for years,
and it's probably one of the best things they ever put together in that regard.

The PC work I've done has been enterprise level stuff, so the tools I used
aren't typically available to the general public, or they're rather expensive
for the average person.

There have got to be some list members out there with PCs that are cloning
drives.

??

Dan

Sent from my iPad