Good question.

There are some materials that enhance the storage of gasoline, such as
Stabil, but even that doesn't give gasoline the staying power of diesel.

Gasoline is a more VOC [Volatile Organic Compound] and the "Volatile"
components gas off in evaporation, or degrade to less volatile by
re-combination to form "varnish" and other less volatile materials.. thus,
"stale gas" which does not ignite well, which produces less heat energy,
and isn't as "desirable".

Safe storage is yet another issue for gasoline. Since it is a VOC, it will
emit vapors, which will ignite easily, and present a real hazard for
residential storage.

Gasoline in an enclosed space, with any ignition source, [ie, static
electric spark, for example] is a real threat to safety.

All those factors strongly influence my decision to have diesel generators
and equipment at my ranch, which is remote from any fire service, and being
remote, requires fuel storage. Bottom line, diesel equipment costs more,
diesel cost more, safety isn't free.