My understanding is that there is an existing pipeline, which is too small and
not direct.  There is also a lot of oil coming from the Bakken (sp?) formation
in North Dakota, and most of that oil is transported by rail and truck.  That
oil is very light and extremely volatile, and tends to burn quite nicely in the
event of a mishap / derailment.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC