> Donald wrote:

> I have never had an 85.  Isn't there some weird stuff about the
> 85 that is unique.

Yeah, a few things.  I wish none of mine were '85s.  Don't like
them.

They have the KLIMA system that ties the tachometer and the AC
compressor turning and other stuff into one egg basket.

The differential ratio is longer-legged so the engine is turning
slower.  So slow that the turbo is not improving the engine
efficiency at 55-60 MPH [88-97 km/hr].

Possibly to compensate for the decrease in driveline gear reduction
from the differential, the torque converter has a higher stall
speed.

There are a number of extra vacuum and electro-vacuum devices under
the hood for various stuff.  I think at least one of them is for
"smoothing shifting" - which is another way of saying "more slip
and wear on each shift".

So all told, I would avoid the 1985 models.  Andrew likes 'em for
some reason, though...

--  Philip