Put the back up on stands, loosen the diff from its support bracket and let it down a bit (I think with a jack?) which frees up the axles to slide out/in. You need to take off the diff cover to get at some retainer rings in there (quite fiddly, I remember that part!), so make sure you can get the filler plug off first so you can fill it back up after. It is actually not too hard, just fiddly. There are seals too you got to be careful of.

Since this car is post-1986, I am pretty sure they don't use the retainer inside the diff. There will be 6 big triple square "allen" type capscrews at the DIff end. No need to drop the diff. One bolt at the outer end of the axle.

Best to order the triple square socket online, as it will probably NOT be at FLAPS, but snappy may have it.

Also remember the list experience that replacement new/rebuilt axles are no good. So finding a good used one at car-part.com is a good route.

I've had good luck with used ones except for two that some from someone Kaleb sent me to in OK.

You have tri-star in your back yard.