> Curly wrote:

 Since this car is post-1986...

Uh oh.  My post was for a S or W123.

Bob R didn't mention the car.  Looks like maybe I jumped to the
wrong conclusion.

Yeah, he did somewhere.  05 E320 i think.  211 maybe?

That's why I think it will need the triple square socket rather than a clip inside the Diff.

I forgot to mention, it is good form to put neverseeze on the 6 triple square capscrews if you think you might keep the car more than a couple years. Especially if it travels well salted roads.