      From: Randy Bennell via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Andrew Strasfogel <astrasfo...@gmail.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Monday, February 23, 2015 5:06 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT "Global warming" (aka climate change), linked to frigid
winter

I do not recall the technical details but an article in the paper here
on the weekend suggests that the issue is one of the sun going through a
cooler cycle.
It suggests that the winter that you folks have been suffering through
may become  a normal thing for the next 30 years or so as the cycle
works its way through.
You had best pray for some global warming.

RB

On 23/02/2015 3:52 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
> Climate change may be to blame for frigid NortheastPublished: Monday,
> February 23, 2015
>
> Biting winds and frigid temperatures terrorizing the Northeast can be
> linked to climate change, according to scientists at Rutgers and Wisconsin
> universities.
>
> Researchers found that since the 1990s, the North American jet stream that
> pushes weather across the continent has become substantially more variable.
> In their view, this variability can be linked to more rapid warming in the
> Arctic in comparison to other parts of the world.
>
> It can also help explain the lengthy cold snaps in the Northeast.
>
> "The real story is how persistent the pattern has been. It's been this way
> nearly continually since December 2013 ... warm in the west, cold in the
> east," Jennifer Francis, Rutgers climate scientist, said in an article
> in*Rutgers
> Today*. "We think with the warming Arctic these types of very wavy
> patterns, although probably not in the same locations, will happen more
> often in the future."
>
> The study <http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/10/1/014005/article> was
> published in *IOPscience* (Kurt Bresswein, Lehigh Valley *Express-Times*
> <http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news/index.ssf/2015/02/frigid_northeast_linked_to_war.html>,
> Feb. 19). *-- MV*

individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner has no