Yup, it's NOT fixed. I drove the piss out of it today and it was fine. The lower rad hose started warming up indicating coolant circulation. No overheating. Then went to a friend's house and on way back it started again, temp rising, no heat, the usual. It was a 7 mile trip back home that required pulling over four times to let it cool down enough to start driving again. Interestingly, I noticed that heavy engine braking down hill would bring the temps from almost in the red to normal, but once I started accelerating the temp would rise again. Wonder why it did that?
Anyway, I plan on blocking open the thermostat first thing in the am.

Sent from my iPhone

Higher loads = higher EGT. Higher EGT = more heat produced=more cooling is needed=higherHP

Thermostat test results will be interesting.